Tuesday 1 July 2014

News Update

I figured since I just spewed out a huge slab of information regarding the Chinese revolution, I should also make an effort to just give a brief update in regards to the actual nature of the task. 

I am seriously considering scrapping the African revolution as I just cannot find what information I need on it. Unlike the other three revolutions, I am not finding sources that compare that revolution with the other two. 
I have however, found a good source regarding the revolution in Ethiopia which I have not yet read into. From my skimming, it certainly seems as if it will have potential, but I am unsure. In a sense I an hoping that I can dismiss it as I am already having a dilemma in terms of fitting all this reasearch into ten minutes (we should have an hour! At LEAST half an hour...).
I think the biggest problem with my topic is that by using actual revolutions and examining them in multiple theories, I have to firstly outline what happened in the revolution, introduce the factors for revolution, and THEN once I've done that for all I can look at them through different revolutionary theories. I will need to work out how to condense my research. 

In terms of a question, well, I'm still looking for one. I like the quote from Che Guevara "The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall".
It inspired me to look at 'ideas' within revolution, and their capacity to cause, or set the parameters for revolution. So I suppose my research can surround the impact of ideas on revolution. Perhaps:
Evaluate the role of ideas in triggering a revolution.
It's not perfect, but if I did something along those lines, I'd be looking at ideas versus action, and how much those ideas matter to the action that takes place. I could also be looking at the ideas versus the conditions of society at the time. I am still unsure, but once I research at least the American and French revolutions I should be able to decide what to do. 
Until then, VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding Blog! Your post on the Chinese Revolution was almost an essay in itself.

    ReplyDelete