Sunday 27 July 2014

Let's have a panic attack!

I do need to say something. Namely what i've been doing for this entire past week to make NO posts whatsoever. It was VERY VERY VERY VERY busy. VERY busy. And i'm really tired now and I need to make my American revolution post and its coming I swear! Its just that I like to post all of the information in one big chunk and I have not yet completed the post on the American Revolution. I've done a little Cowie overview. Thats it. Though I must admit even that was very informative.

Over the past week, I have found two more books that I really want to get stuck into because even just flicking through them they look like they'll really aid in my question which focuses on the ideologies that drive a revolution. One book is Revolution! by K.J. Mason and F.J. Marriner (1982), which is kind of more a textbook on revolution. It has segments dedicated specifically to the ideas surrounding each of the revolutions it examines. For my research project it includes both the French and Chinese revolutions but no American revolution (How sad :( ). The other book I managed to find is called On Revolution by Hannah Arendt (1963). This is essentially a novel on revolution in general. The factors of revolution and how revolution occurs. I think I shall actually make this novel one of the sources I will analyse.

Another reminder, is this. Which is a very good page outlining Jean-Jacques Rousseau. This guy just keeps coming up everywhere, so I thought it would be good to take a look at him and perhaps I can find a primary source to analyse from it. His ideas and philosophies have been quite responsible for igniting a number of revolutions, so he is therefore, I suppose a very important figure to research.

This week, I MUST post my American revolution post. And I MUST look at, and analyse at least one of the books I have borrowed from the library. I'm making that promise now. Which could potentially be difficult to keep, but i'm hoping that i'll still get there.

On a non panicky note, I have decided that I won't be including a summary of the revolutions i'm investigating, but rather, will jump straight into the ideologies and factors behind them. So there will be some element of assumed knowledge with the revolutions I am investigating. This should certainly enable me to cut down information and fit my entire investigation within the ten minutes i'm allocated (Just a side note, can we have like an afternoon thing where members of the modern class can have like an extended presentation time just for fun? That would be awesome!). So whilst it will still be difficult for me to cut down what I do have, there is some relief in not having to present absolutely everything.

And as always,

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment