Tuesday 24 June 2014

I am silly...

Ohkay, so I wasn't so smart and I had a cup of coffee to make sure I could finish all my work this evening and now I've found that I can't even really go to sleep. And then I started thinking about history and stuff and was like 'oh I might as well post what I'm thinking, because this is good stuff'. So I just downloaded the blogger app (which is actually quite good for shortish posts like these, but it doesn't have spell check so let's hope my brain isn't to Englished out). I will now proceed to relay my plans for the holidays and the remainder of the week.

I've decided that before jumping into historians and their POV on a number of revolutions I shall investigate and get my head around the revolutions I intend on investigating the historiography of. So! As part of my fun holiday winter plan, I shall be snuggled up in blankets watching movies and reading books on these revolutions. Each revolution will have a day allocated to them, or at least a good chunk of that day (I need to get through game of thrones as well). After I know a decent amount about each of these revolutions, I will then look into the historians perspectives on these revolutions as hopefully then I'll know what they're on about. 

As my revolutions, I've chosen the first Chinese revolution, the American revolution, the French Revolution, and I'm  thinking about one of the Egyptian revolutions, I will just have to make sure I have enough sources available. I like the idea of Egyptian history because you learn about ancient Egypt and then don't really hear much about it again; apart from some of the past news (apparently there is still conflict over there, but obviously, that will not be the revolution I am looking at). 

Whilst unfortunately my drama task has taken up a good portion of working time this week, this upcoming Friday, I will be traveling to the state library to aquire sources (my goodness autocorrect just changed that to spices... No autocorrect, I ain't doing some medieval spice trading, I'm german, I trade sausages... Well... More kind of steal them aggressively but anyway - I mean no harm, I am making fun of my culture - - I am also kidding, I don't steal sausages, my family actually don't really eat many, actually yes they do...). Wow that was a big lot of brackets. 

I've just noticed that my post doesn't have much historical content. So I will announce this random history fact: 
Did you know that during ww1 British tanks were categorised into 'males' and 'females'? The male tanks had cannons and the female tanks had heavy machine guns. 
What an interesting fact. I don't even know if it's true, but then again;
"There is no truth in history, only perspective" 

Overall, I am here to say that I know what I am doing! I am excited for it and I can't wait to post some actual content that I can present.

VIVE LA REVOLUTION! 
POUR JE SUIS LA REVOLUTION! 

No comments:

Post a Comment